We celebrate Calum becoming a grown up with a proper degree by talking about video games. Would you expect anything else from us?
On this episode…
- Euan starts to think Game of the Year lists while playing World War I adventure game Valiant Hearts, and talks about his personal conflict between the fascinating content of 30 Flights Of Loving versus its $5 price tag.
- Calum tells A Story About My Uncle (well, not OUR Uncle) and shares in the surprise of what seems like the rest of the world that Wolfenstein is a well made shooter with some really interesting story elements.
- The IeSF removes their “male-only” restriction on their upcoming tournament.
- Valve are ramping up for the DOTA2 Internationals, and it looks like they are making a concise effort to bring in new players with “beginners” streams.
- The new Oculus Rift Developer Kit is no longer available for sale in China, due to bulk resellers looking to cash in.
- There are reports of engine and game developer Crytek not being able to pay the employees it still has, after over 100 walk away in the last 3 months.
- The UK Advertising Standards Authority have ruled that the mobile Dungeon Keeper game from EA can no longer advertise as “free to play”. That’s probably because its not.
- Early Access game The Tower is accidentally released on Steam seven months too early, due to administrative mistakes with the Early Access program. Reports on whether Battlefield 4 suffered the same misstep are currently inconclusive.
- The 1920’s Disney styled platformer that was the talk of E3 is designed to be a trilogy
- A photographer in China believes he has found a mysterious creature in the forests of the Huairou region. Actually he stumbled on a photoshoot for Guild Wars 2.
- That wizard probably won’t come from the moon by the time Destiny finally comes out in September, as there are two more passes due on his voice work before then
- Activision appear to be doing something properly with a licensed product, as they hand development of a Legend of Korra game to Platinum. Next up it has to be Vanquish 2, right?