The great drought of Summer 2014 continues, so we have to make do with movies, old space sims and action movies. Meh, it works.
On this episode…
- Calum goes back to his video game roots with the Heroes of Might and Magic series, Freespace 2 and more Counter-Strike, plus talks about The Raid 2 as an improvement over the amazingly dumb original.
- Euan talks about The Walking Dead finale, The Fall and Star Citizen: Arena Commander, as well as discovering his secret talent at hockey games in NHL15
- There’s a new 3DS coming with better internals, screen and a second analog stick.
- A “hacker” group took down a bunch of games related services, and rerouted a plane carrying the Sony Online president John Smedley bay calling in a bomb threat on his flight.
- Pokken Tournament is a Pokemon fighting game coming to arcades nowhere near you.
- The standalone Xbox One Kinect is going on sale for $150 in October
- Bloodborne, spiritual successor to Demons Souls, hits Japan in February next year.
- Persona 5 will launch on Ps3 and Ps4 simultaneously, whenever it’s actually released.
- Capcom are suing Koei Tecmo for a bunch of patents that it sounds like no-one should have.
- There’s more Saints Row 4 coming in a new expansion pack in January, which is always a good thing.
- And much more…